Return to Website Login Register Cart 0 items @ £0.00 total View Basket

You are here: Billingham

Showing 1-10 of 31 products found. Next> Last>>


View Larger Size
At Billingham Station 1900
 
Even today many people remember old Billingham Station. Until the 1920's it stood out in the country on the lane from Billingham to Wolviston. It is remembered here through a selection of memorabilia from the start of the 1900's. There had been a halt here since 1841 when many villagers complained about the walk they had from old Billingham village to catch a train. Increased traffic saw the erection of these buildings in 1866 - they would be used for a hundred years until the station moved to a different site in November 1966.  
 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham Bank 1928
 

The old road from Norton to Billingham with Billingham Bank in the distance, is shown here c1928. A narrow country lane across Billingham Bottoms at this time this turnpike route had itself been a replacement in 1789 for the old track used for many centuries get from Billingham to Stockton. Within two years the road would be modernised and widened as part of the improving of roads to and from the new ICI factory at Billingham. Note the very desirable detached white houses in the distance - they were built for the directors of the new factory. 





 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
BIllingham Church 1904
 

One of Billingham's landmarks for over a thousand years, St Cuthbert's Church can be viewed here from the east in 1904 from just beyond the lych gate. The Revd. Philip Rudd, incumbent between 1852 and 1901 had overseen extensive rebuilding of the church some of which can be seen here. 



 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham Hall 1870-1935
 

This print remembers Billingham Hall, a Victorian country house, one of the town's forgotten landmarks - not surprising as it was demolished in 1935. It was built c1870 and owned by several wealthy families before the site was swallowed up by the Conifer Crescent development. Seen here in 1904 when the family of Captain Jesse Lilly are taking tea and in 1935 in its final days, the upstairs rooms commanded wonderful views of the Tees estuary and the coast up to Hartlepool. 



 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham in 1920
 

A collection of views recall Billingham as it was during the 1920's. This was a period of major development and change as the old village community was swallowed up by the nearby industrial development. As agriculture gave way to industry the population of Billingham increased dramatically with many new houses being built as the old community vanished forever. 


 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham in Watercolours
 

Old Billingham is the subject of three watercolours which are included in this print. Taken as prints from the original works, the images show Billingham Watermill, Billingham Green and Billingham Grange farmhouse c1900. The lands belonging to Billingham Grange were to be swallowed up by the Synthetic Ammonia & Nitrates Ltd factory although the old farmhouse survived until the 1980's. The watermill also became a casualty of the industrial development, being demolished in the 1930s.



 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham Inns 1900
 

This wonderful image commemorates the inns, ale-houses and public houses of old Billingham village c1900. As far back as 1828 the village had at least five drinking establishments situated around or close to the village green - all of which survived until the early 1900's. They are all shown here along with the old Station Hotel, a contemporary view of the green and a detailed map of the village as it was in 1897. A great present for dads, uncles and anyone with an interest in the trade. 


 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham NER Station 1900
 

This 'Duo-Print' shows Billingham Station and the Station Hotel which stood adjacent to the level-crossing. A hostelry on this site dates back to the 1830's when the railway at Billingham was first constructed. Initially known as The Union Inn, it was extended and renamed The Station Hotel in the 1860's - coinciding with the opening of the new station buildings at Billingham. This building is shown here - this in turn was extended to become the present building in the 1930's. A Bass House, the name of the landlord, John Pitchford, can be clearly seen above the door. The open fields behind hint at the rural location of the Hotel at that time.



 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham Station 1900
 

This view of old Billingham Station looks east the line going to Hartlepool passing, beyond the level crossing gates, the farmland which belonged to High Grange Farm. Opened in the 1830's Billingham was becoming increasingly busy by 1900 when it was part of the North Eastern Railway. It increased further with the opening of the coast line from Hartlepool direct to Sunderland in the early 1900's. The station buildings shown here (the up-line to Hartlepool is on the left) date from 1866 and those who remember them will note that the signal box was situated north of the crossing - opposite to its position today. A highly collectable print.



 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 


View Larger Size
Billingham Trio 1900
 

These images are taken from a number of sources including original prints and postcards which depict the region as it was in the past century or so. Most of the original sources have been digitally restored and in many cases enhanced to look as good, if not better than the original. Images are available of a number of towns in the area and these will be added to throughout the year. Already images of Billingham, Stockton, and Middlesbrough are available. THIS IMAGE IS UNFRAMED.


 

Our Price: 9.99
 
Quantity
 
 

Showing 1-10 of 31 products found. Next> Last>>
 
Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Site Map | ©Images North East
Tel: 07962 179 708 - paul@imagesnortheast.co.uk